Junior eCommerce Manager
Deadline 12th of May | Starting ASAP
Amundsen Sports is an outdoor brand inspired by the heritage of Roald Amundsen and built up around an adventurous lifestyle and fun all-year outdoor lifestyle. Since establishment in 2011 we have built a strong foothold in the Norwegian market and established a global sales presence especially through our eCommerce platform. Our ambition is to become a global brand recognized standing out from the crowd by challenging the established and bringing the Norwegian Friluftsliv to the World. Further development and growth of our eCommerce platform is a key element in our strategy going forward and an area we are looking for young passionate talents that will take part in our journey.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has a burning interest in eCommerce, digital marketing and optimization of digital solutions. In this role you will be responsible for management of and sales through our eCommerce platform at amundsensports.com. You will gain experience in modern e-com technology as well as having a big impact on Amundsen Sports e-commerce strategy. You should have a commercial mindset, be eager to learn and keeping track of eCommerce latest trends. You should be mix of structured, creative and digitally savvy, as well as being comfortable working with numbers and analytical tools. We recommend this position for people who are finishing their BSc or MSc degree this summer but experienced digital marketers are also welcome to apply.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Management of the Amundsen Sports online store
- Responsibility for the sales and profit generated through our eCommerce platform
- Day-to-day optimization of storefront and user experience of the online store, management and improvement of product pages and ensure optimal flow of products and marketing content to the online store
- Use of Google Analytics / Data Studio to analyze customer journey and other relevant KPIs to improve traffic and conversion rates
- Working closely with our performance marketing agency in the US in creating and analyzing digital ads to increase sales and brand awareness for Amundsen Sports
- Working closely with our Norwegian web development agency to continuously improving our overall website and conversion rate
- Use of Google Analytics and ERP for reporting and decision making
- Forecasting and budgeting for future seasons
- Optimize Returns, Shipping and Handling solutions
- Work closely with Marketing, Customer Service, Sales and Logistics
Experience or qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelors’ degree in Digital Marketing or related field.
- Basic understandings of the Ecommerce process flow.
- Confidence in traffic analysis, reporting tools and optimization.
- Basic understanding of digital advertising tools like Business Manager and Google Ads
- Basic understanding of how e-mail marketing platforms and automations work
- Basic skills in Excel and other analytical tools
Nice to have:
- Experience with eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify or similar
- Experience with Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar editing tools
- solid communication skills in English
- Knowledge of digital marketing concepts such as PPC, SEO, social media and display
- Experience with Mailchimp, Klavio, Omnisend or other email platforms.
- Sporty and passionate about outdoor living
- High attention to detail
- Commercial mindset
- High working capacity
- Creative spirit
- Self-driven and enterprising
- Ability to work in teams and across functions
- Structured and analytical with the ability to work independently as well as manage processes
- Identify with our core values Personal, Free, That Little Extra and Playfulness
What we can offer:
- The chance to work with what you love
- Exciting challenges and responsibilities
- Professional and personal development opportunities in an international growth company
- Steep learning curve
- Work with the latest e-commerce technology and together with professional partners
- Be part of a good and informal work environment
- Competitive conditions
Application deadline 12th of May
The applicant must be able to start the onboarding no later than the beginning of June 2022
The position is based in Oslo.
More about Amundsen Sports:
Amundsen Sports was founded in 2010 by Jørgen Amundsen on his family heritage. Roald Amundsen respected and learnt from the Inuits, while exploring cutting edge technology. Amundsen Sports is inspired by his attitude of innovation through tradition.
Our position statement is that Amundsen’s take on outdoor is not like the others. We are as adventurous as any, and our sportswear can allow you to conquer the highest mountains in the harshest conditions. But we believe that being an “outdoor brand” is not all about being extreme and pushing the limits. It’s also about having fun and enjoying nature as one big playground. With timeless sportswear of real quality, we take our products seriously but not ourselves too seriously. We never lose our sense of wonder, and never forget that nature is best enjoyed in the company of good friends whom one can share a good laugh with. Play well.
The brand is built up around an adventurous lifestyle and fun all-year outdoor lifestyle and our products are versatile, stylish and long lasting. Today the products range includes technical clothing, outdoor lifestyle clothing, footwear, and luggage. Our collection can be seen at https://amundsensports.com/
Amundsen Sports has grown substantially the last few years, with a larger proportion of our revenues coming from outside Norway and through our eCommerce channel. In 2021, our revenues were NOK 125 million with more than 30% of revenues through own eCom and more than 20% of revenues from outside of Norway (with even higher international share online). Going forward our ambition is to become a global brand recognized standing out from the crowd by challenging the established and bringing the Norwergian Friluftliv to the World. We will continue our journey of sustainable growth with strong focus on our eCommerce channel, internationalization and high-quality development in all aspects of our brand.
Amundsen Sports is based in Lysaker, just outside of Oslo and has in total 14 employees, 11 employees in Norway and 3 in the US.