Fabric & Trim Manager
Application Deadline 30th of September | Starting ASAP
Amundsen Sports is a Norwegian outdoor brand inspired by the heritage of Roald Amundsen and built up around an adventurous lifestyle and fun all-year outdoor lifestyle. Since establishment in 2010 we have built a strong foothold in the Norwegian market and established a global sales presence. Amundsen Sports has grown substantially the last few years, with a larger proportion of our revenues coming from outside Norway and through our eCommerce channel. In 2021, our revenues were NOK 125 million with more than 30% of revenues through own eCom and more than 20% of revenues from outside of Norway (with even higher international share online). Going forward our ambition is to become a global brand recognized standing out from the crowd by challenging the established and bringing the Norwegian Friluftsliv to the World. We will continue our journey of sustainable growth with strong focus on our own distribution channels, internationalization, and high-quality development of our brand in all aspects.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Fabric & Trim Manager who will be responsible for sourcing and development of materials aligned with our seasonal directions and sustainability goals. Amundsen is mostly sourcing materials from Europe as our production is mainly based in Europe. You will have daily contact with our suppliers and build long-term relationships through close communication and visits to fairs and fabric suppliers. You will also oversee material testing and the quality assurance of the selected materials.
You will be a part of our product team and work closely with our designer and product developer.
The Fabric & Trim Manager reports to the Product Director. The position is located in Lysaker (Oslo).
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Fabric and trim sourcing/development for each season (technical, woven, knits).
- Arrange, review and approve material labdips.
- Negotiate price, MOQ and lead times
- Fabric planning for proto, SMS and bulk production to make sure fabric is ordered and delivered on time.
- To communicate and work closely with our product team, supply chain and vendors
- Arrange and follow up on material testing and quality control and handle claims with suppliers
- Implementation of processes and structures where needed.
- Ensuring and be in forefront in terms of sustainability and animal welfare
Experience or qualifications we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years working experience with materials, sourcing and production
- A degree in Textile Material Technology/Engineering
- Good knowledge of quality and testing standards.
- Experienced in computer programs such as Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM.
- Fluent in English
- Interested in materials and related technology. Eager to find new innovations and developments to use within textiles.
- Good knowledge about the full textile process from fibers, yarns, production technology, chemicals and certificates.
- Confident in negotiating prices and terms.
- Organized and structured with the ability to focus and mulitask.
- Deep understanding and interest in environmental concerns, sustainability and animal welfare.
- Proactive and collaborative team player who can also work independently
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Professional attitude, enjoy a high pace of work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Outdoor enthusiast
What we can offer:
- The chance to work with what you love
- Exciting challenges and responsibilities
- Professional and personal development opportunities in an international growth company
- Steep learning curve
- Being part of a young an dynamic work environment
- Competitive conditions
How to apply:
Application deadline: Sunday September 30th
If this sounds like an adventure you would like to join us on, we are looking forward to receiving your application and resume at: [email protected]
For more information about the role please contact Erika Edler (Product Director):
[email protected] +47 94340293
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Who are we at Amundsen Sports:
Amundsen Sports was founded in 2010 by Jørgen Amundsen on his family heritage. Roald Amundsen respected and learnt from the Inuits, while exploring cutting edge technology. Amundsen Sports is inspired by his attitude of innovation through tradition.
Our position statement is that Amundsen’s take on outdoor is not like the others. We are as adventurous as any, and our sportswear can allow you to conquer the highest mountains in the harshest conditions. But we believe that being an “outdoor brand” is not all about being extreme and pushing the limits. It’s also about having fun and enjoying nature as one big playground. With timeless sportswear of real quality, we take our products seriously but not ourselves too seriously. We never lose our sense of wonder, and never forget that nature is best enjoyed in the company of good friends whom one can share a good laugh with. Play well.
The brand is built up around an adventurous lifestyle and fun all-year outdoor lifestyle and our products are versatile, stylish and long lasting. Today the products range includes technical clothing, outdoor lifestyle clothing, footwear, and luggage. Our collection can be seen on www.amundsensports.com
Amundsen Sports is based in Lysaker, just outside of Oslo. We are 14 employees, 11 employees in Norway and 3 in the US.