Digital Graphic Designer
Application Deadline August 31st | Starting ASAP
Amundsen Sports is a Norwegian outdoor brand inspired by the heritage of Roald Amundsen and built up around an adventurous lifestyle and fun all-year outdoor lifestyle. Since establishment in 2011 we have built a strong foothold in the Norwegian market and established a global presence. Amundsen Sports has grown substantially the last few years, with a larger proportion of our revenues coming from outside Norway and through our eCommerce channel. In 2021, our revenues were NOK 125 million with more than 30% of revenues through own eCom and more than 20% of revenues from outside of Norway (with even higher international share online). Our ambition is to become a global brand for recognized for standing out from the crowd by challenging the established and bringing the Norwegian Friluftsliv to the World. Our authentic and inspiring content and storytelling is a key element in our strategy, and we are looking for young passionate talents that will take part in our journey and help us take it to the next level.
The Digital Graphic Designer is an important role for taking our authentic, playful and ‘friluftsliv’ visual and brand storytelling to the next level. This role will design engaging and high quality content that will inspire our audience and boost engagement with our brand globally. The Digital Graphic Designer will be responsible for the visual design, creation and distribution of digital assets across our communication channels such as newsletters, website, the Amundsen Journal, product catalogues and social media. The visual and communicational style of the right candidate should be of high quality, inspiring, playful and with “the smell of pine and bonfire”. The position will be a part of the Marketing team but work closely with other functions across the company, especially eCommerce.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Visual design and editing of digital brand content and features.
- Design, build and distribute best-in-class e-mail newsletters that inspire and trigger sales through engaging copy and high quality mood/product visuals.
- Enhance customer experience through crisp and inspiring UX design, creation of landing pages and product merchandising on amundsensports.com
- Design playful and timeless digital ads for our social media channels and retailers.
- Support in the making of workbooks (product catalogue) and Amundsen Journal from ideation to execution of graphic design and content.
- Develop and maintain visual guidelines and templates for the brand.
- Ad hoc graphic design support to eCommerce, sales, own retail stores and product branding. Working in tandem with other functions but especially eCommerce is a key.
- Support Marketing Director in the management of the multi-channel editorial calendar, product launches.
Experience or qualifications we are looking for:
- Excellent graphic and visual skills with sharp eye for detail (shown through portfolio). Strong interest in typography and color theory.
- Experience from designing and distributing newsletters, social media assets, and other digital brand content – a good eye for inspiring and beautiful websites is a plus.
- Expertise with designing and editing in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp/Omnisend/other newsletter tools, Figma, and other similar tools.
- Strong communication and writing skills in English.
Nice to have but not required:
- A great writer — edgy, but not snarky, and can pack a lot of punch in a few words. (You will work closely with our in-house copywriter).
- Basic HMTL/CSS knowledge (not required).
- Striking ideas for stories and new content formats.
- High-energy, positive, collaborative and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong attention to quality and detail.
- Structured and organized.
- Ability and comfortable with juggle a wide variety of tasks across multiple channels in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and idea rich environment. Ability to stay calm and write on.
- Identify with Amundsen values; Personal, Free, That Little Extra and Playfulness.
- Adventurous and passionate about outdoor living is a plus
What we can offer:
- The chance to work with what you love
- Exciting challenges and responsibilities
- Professional and personal development opportunities in an international growth company
- Steep learning curve
- Being part of a young an dynamic work environment
- Competitive conditions
The position is based in Lysaker just outside of Oslo.
How to apply:
Application deadline 31st of August
If this sounds like an adventure you would like to join us on, we are looking forward to receiving your application, resume and portfolio of your work at: [email protected]
For more information about the role please contact Trygve Markset:
[email protected] +47 476 79 503
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Who are we at Amundsen Sports:
Amundsen Sports was founded in 2010 by Jørgen Amundsen on his family heritage. Roald Amundsen respected and learnt from the Inuits, while exploring cutting edge technology. Amundsen Sports is inspired by his attitude of innovation through tradition.
Our position statement is that Amundsen’s take on outdoor is not like the others. We are as adventurous as any, and our sportswear can allow you to conquer the highest mountains in the harshest conditions. But we believe that being an “outdoor brand” is not all about being extreme and pushing the limits. It’s also about having fun and enjoying nature as one big playground. With timeless sportswear of real quality, we take our products seriously but not ourselves too seriously. We never lose our sense of wonder, and never forget that nature is best enjoyed in the company of good friends whom one can share a good laugh with. Play well.
The brand is built up around an adventurous lifestyle and fun all-year outdoor lifestyle and our products are versatile, stylish and long lasting. Today the products range includes technical clothing, outdoor lifestyle clothing, footwear, and luggage. Our collection can be seen on www.amundsensports.com
Amundsen Sports is based in Lysaker, just outside of Oslo. We are 14 employees, 11 employees in Norway and 3 in the US.